Brrr…it’s a cold day in Kentucky, guys. I’m wrapped in a blanket on my couch, refusing to go back outside, ever. I can avoid the weather for the rest of the night, but I think it’s time to stop avoiding my blogging duties. Truth is, I kind of started to hate this blog and really wanted to just forget it exists. My writing style sucks and I can never come up with good ideas for posts. That being said, I want to embrace a new attitude about myself in 2012 to hopefully gain a renewed, confident outlook in my personal life, and in turn, my blog life. Starting with:
1. I will not put myself down. Ever.
2. I will be on time for everything, all of the time.
3. I will hone my cooking skills by cooking at home more often.
4. I will be more diligent in updating my blog.
5. I will read more books.
6. I will take better care of my health.
Because of my innate inability to reach my goals, I usually don’t make New Year resolutions; however, I believe I’m finally mature enough to challenge myself and better myself in the process. The time thing will definitely be the biggest challenge of all!
Now for the exciting stuff:
2012 Apartment Goals!
1. Buy a bed frame (do this soon!)
2. Hang shelving unit in the living room
3. Scrape peeling paint in bathroom; repaint
4. Plant a large indoor houseplant, and keep it alive!
5. Find or create a headboard
6. Replace bedroom rugs
7. Hang curtains
8. Frame and hang artwork
9. Find a better TV stand
10. Get rid of unused furniture
11. Declutter!! (nintendo games, dvds, closets, everything!)
12. Conjure up a cheap/fun backsplash in kitchen
Yep, lots to do in the next 361 days…starting now!